Thursday, June 13, 2013

June 11, 2013

The MTC is almost behind me, going in 2 weeks did not seem like enough but I think I have learned basically all they can teach me at this point. The one thing it would have been nice to learn is more about contacting but we had like a 45 min lesson on it once. It is strange but I am really just not worried about anything that I have to do too much, it all seems doable with the Lord's help so what do all those missionaries get stressed out over? Courage is not the absence of Fear but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. If I can love these people everything else will fall into place. Love is the motivation of God, it is stronger than any oposing force so if I can muster that I am set. I taught my first real person a few days ago. We were walking into a role play thing where they have volunteers come into the mtc from outside, ours was the friend of a mormon. We did not know this for about the first thirty seconds when we met him but it became apparent very quickly when he had no idea what was going on- come sit in a room some guys might ask me to pray was about what he had. Christian was his name, nice guy, little quiet, from houston. 2000 miles away and there were three texans sitting in a room talking about God. Lesson went fairly well. So I leave for the field tomorrow morning at 3am, but the real work begins Friday when I go to my first area. Wish me luck,
 
Elder Robert Wesley Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment